Every month we interview another traveller. This month we spoke with Cynthia Corona, who is originally from Mexico and currently lives in England. Cynthia also has her own travel blog and Instagram page with amazing photography. We asked her about her favourite destinations, whether she thinks that travel can change someone’s life and more. Read our interview of the Month November with Cynthia to learn more about her and check out some of her gorgeous photos!
Thank you for your time. Can you please give our readers a short introduction about yourself?
Thank you for inviting me to this interview. My name is Cynthia Corona, I was born and raised in Mexico. When I was younger I first went to study in Barcelona for a year. After some years back in Mexico I decided to be back in Europe, where I ended up living in Barcelona, Antwerp and now London. During all these years I followed my passions of photography and travelling, which has taken me to beautiful locations.
Thank you for the introduction! You do travel a lot, where are you located now?
When I left for the first time to Barcelona for my studies I was very excited. I was 18 years old and realised I wanted to live abroad in the future. When I finished my university career I wanted to explore more and went back to Spain for more than a year. While working in Barcelona I got a job opportunity in Antwerp, where I lived for a year and also met my husband. Now we are living together in England with plans to move again somewhere else.
What is your favourite thing about travel?
For me travel is more about an experience, I was always fascinated about other cultures, traditions and different landscapes. What I found is that my country isn’t that different from others and we are all humans that have something in common. I enjoy to discover what unites us and what makes us different. Besides that I enjoy to explore new dishes, in my opinion you can learn a lot about a culture when tasting the different ingredients.
Where are you headed next?
Tomorrow I am flying to Dubai for a wedding and after that we will be visiting the Philippines. Over the Christmas days we will be spending some time in Germany, hoping for white Christmas!
Give us your top five destinations and tell us why they are in your top 5.
- Tulum, Mexico. I will always talk good about my country, but this place stands out and has something magical. I have been going there before it was so popular. White sand, blue sea, perfect weather – it just feels like paradise.
- Sri Lanka. I went there earlier this year and I will definitely go back. There are not too many tourists yet, which means you can find peaceful places and get easily immersed in the Sri Lankan culture.
- Marrakech, Morocco. I know lately this have been all over social media, which doesn’t surprise me because it is an amazing place to visit. It certainly is very attracting and gives you a unique experience, good food, nice people, beautiful places and a lot of culture.
- Venice, Italy. Another popular destination, but this is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. It is so romantic on every corner and every street is photogenic. I recommend to visit this place at least once in your life.
- Bali. This place is magical and once you are there you will never want to leave. I can picture myself living there and enjoying the nature, good food and really friendly people.
Where do you still want to go?
I would love to visit Papua New Guinea, it has been on my bucket list for so many years. Besides that Fiji, Peru, Argentina, Vietnam, Cambodia – the list never ends…
Do you think travel can change someone’s life?
It always depends on the person and the age, when I was younger and travelled for the first time I felt different when I went back home. It was like as if I was older or my world expanded. I definitely changed after my trip to Bali, I wanted to eat healthier and take more care about myself. Every trip teaches you something, for good or bad.
Where do you see yourself in five years?
This is hard because I don’t even know where I’ll be next year, but in 5 years I’d love to have my own house, still travelling but I’d like to have my own family.
Do you have anything else to add?
Discovering other places helps me to open my mind, I am not trying to escape or runaway from my existing life. I think travelling is a good way to see things and reflect on your life. It helps to get a new perspective besides having a good relaxing time. The best thing is that I have the best companion and after travelling alone some time, I appreciate his company and there is nothing better to share all sorts of experience with someone you love.
Be sure to check out Cynthia’s blog and Instagram page to keep up with her travels and her amazing photos. Are you interested in being traveller of the month? Head to our contact page and sent us an message with your travel story. We will get back to you as soon as possible.